20 Jul 2009

Breakfast at Ric's

Why hello there! I guess its been a few months...

I've given up the comics for Scene magazine; I just can't find the time at the moment. I will continue to draw comics when they come to me but don't hold your breath. I've been 'working' on a Zine - "Domestic Cowboy's Guide to Brisbane". So far its been more talk than work but its coming along. Above is a picture I drew for it - Scott, Gav and a domestic cowboy character having $4 breakfast at Ric's in the valley. Could there be a better way to spend a morning? I could think of a worse way - ending a 24 hour animation.



Above is a few shots from a cartoon I did with my crazy Tasmanian animation buddies on a crazy 24 hour animation. In the last year I have done two 24 hour 'challenges' and if I ever try and do one ever again remind me that I hate them. I don't really hate them... I have a lot of fun for the first few hours but by the 12th I want to shoot myself. The fun part is the no-rules animation. You don't gotta listen to no one (apart from the rest of your team) but if you don't wanna care about any of those animation 'rules' that some idiot made up you don't gotta. In your face Tex Avery!

I did the animation on this... and the voice of the crazy guy.Hung , quite impressively, did the voice of the other serious guy, and drew the props and backgrounds. Air animated the background. The character design was a combination of Markus, Tim, Beale, Hung and myself - as was the concept. I miss all those guys and others from Tassie. That's something Brisbane just doesn't have.