22 Sep 2010

Recent Arting

Katie and I are getting married! Yay! These are some drawings from our wedding invitations. Above became a sticker for the back of the envelope. It also had the return address on them. Below is a picture for a little insert containing useful information.

I've also been dabbling in the art of painting. Here was my first painting, and so far my only complete painting. I was not happy with the line quality.

And finally, my notes from POLS2703 - Principles of Research. I'm thinking of doing it up and submitting it to threadless. Thoughts?

6 comments:

SDAL said...

I think the painting would make a nice shirt design, maybe.
You could have it as a discussion topic on your talk show.

Clayton McIntosh said...

The painting more than the crabs?

SDAL said...

Yeah, maybe. It's just the lined paper doesn't make for the clearest image, and I think you'd need to redraw the painting a bit as well, but they're both pretty good.

Clayton McIntosh said...

Yeah I meant doing it up all proper like in flash with clean lines and colour and stuff.

SDAL said...

Yeah, I thought that's what you meant, and I'm just saying my ability to judge whether it would be a good shirt design is impaired by the roughness of the current presentation, but also yes, I guess it would be a good shirt design.
Not as nice as my new shirt, but still good.
Also, maybe your picture for the stickers would make a nice design for a line of women's underwear. Sorry to make you uncomfortable.

Kutz - (Peter Kutuzov) said...

I wish my most recent painting was as good as your first painting.

Regardless of the T-shirt issue, I'd like to see the crabs one done up properly. And also to register my belief that the crabs one probably wouldn't be a good idea for the logo for a line of women's underwear...